On the success of the Refresh Boyne talk about the new European General Data Protection Regulation, IT Governance will be running their certified GDPR Foundation course on 11 July 2017 in The Mill. Avoid heavy fines and loss of reputation resulting from data breaches. Learn from the experts how the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR) will affect your organisation. Understand the implementation path to ensure EU GDPR compliance.
If you have any questions on this feel free to contact Conor Donnelly on email@example.com or call on 01 518 0150
Date: Tuesday, 11 July
Time: 9am – 5pm
Admission fee: €595
About IT Governance
IT Governance is a leading global provider of IT governance, risk management and compliance solutions, with a special focus on cyber resilience, data protection, PCI DSS, ISO 27001 and cyber security, is delighted to collaborate with The Mill Enterprise Hub to bring our certified GDPR training to local companies and the M1 Payments Corridor.
IT Governance have recently established their EU HQ in Drogheda, and are delighted to announce a series of joint training initiatives for members of the M1 Payments Corridor.
What will you learn?
- Essential EU GDPR background and terminology.
- Key differences between national data protection and the EU GDPR
- Data subjects and their rights
- Dealing with subject access requests.
- Marketing requirements
- The implementation path to EU GDPR compliance;
- Privacy by Design
- Data protection impact assessments (DPIA)
- Data audits
- Training and competence requirements
- Incident response and breach reporting
- Updating policies and procedures
- International data transfers
- Replacing Safe Harbour – EU-US Privacy Shield
EU General Data Protection Regulation Foundation (EU GDPR F) examination
Delegates take the EU General Data Protection Regulation Foundation (EU GDPR F) examination at the end of the course- a 60 – minute multiple-choice, ISO 17024-accredited exam set by IBITGQ. There is no extra charge for this exam.
Who should attend this course?
- Managers who are already involved in data protection with either an information security or data protection background.
- Individuals with little experience but who wish to enter the field of data protection with a professional qualification.
Are there entry requirements?
There are no formal entry requirements.
- Professional training venue with lunch and refreshments.
- Comprehensive documentation (digital copy provided as PDF file)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation Foundation (EU GDPR F) exam
- Certificate of attendance
About M1 Payments Corridor
Established in 2015, The M1 Payments Corridor is a regionally based industry group of payments and online transacting companies established to promote regional Fintech development, specifically in eCommerce payments, in the North-East Region as contemplated in both IFS2020 and the RAPJ initiatives. Led by The Mill Enterprise Centre, Drogheda, with current participation support of both major corporates and emerging companies in the eCommerce space, the M1PC Steering Group also includes Government agency (EI, IDA) 3rd Level institution (DKIT, DCU) ,Local Authority and Louth Economic Forum representation.